The job of a Savior is to save, and this, Christ can do. He died on the cross to bear your sins, your shame, your guilt
lt ‘s your penalty. He is your substitute. What you so justly deserve, because of your lost, sinful condition, He gladly bore for you. This is WHY He came into the world, “to save sinners,” I Tim. 1:15. The “work” has been accomplished on Calvary’s cross.
Notice what His death or blood does for us:
· Washes us from our sins — Rev. 1:5.
· Redeems us – I Pet. 1:18-19.
· Justifies us — Rom. 5:9.
· Forgives us — Eph. 1:7.
· Reconciles us back to God — Col. 1:20.
· Peace for us with God — Col. 1:20.
· Propitiates (satisfies) God — Rom. 3:25.
There is no hope outside of Christ and His Death for:
· He is the only way back to God — John 14:6.
· He is the only DOOR to enter to be saved — John 10:9.
· His is the only NAME to obtain deliverance from hell — Acts 4:12.
Friend, cast away all other so-called Saviors. God’s Word only has one, the Lord Jesus Christ. Admit this in your heart to be true. You must in order to be saved.
You Must Know That To Die As A Lost Person Is To Spend Eternity In The Lake Of Fire
Both the saved and the lost die physically, but the lost person will suffer the “second death” in the Lake of Fire, Rev.20:14. As the saved will spend eternity in bliss with God, so the lost will spend eternity in torment and away from God. Notice the position of a lost person:
· The wrath of God is ON HIM NOW — John 3:16.
· He is CONDEMNED ALREADY — John 3:18b.
· Called “children of wrath” — Eph. 2:3.
· The Wrath of God will be literally upon the lost at the Great White Throne Judgment — Rev. 20:15.
· This Wrath is for eternity, forever — Rev. 14:11.
Man does not like to think of any future punishment because of his sins but it is true just the same, just as true as God Himself. Will you accept the fact that God is just in sending the lost to eternal damnation? Please agree with God in this because THIS is what you need to be saved from.
You Must Know That Your Own Works Cannot Save You
Salvation is the gift of God. If man could save himself by works why then did Christ have to suffer and die for him? Christ performed all the “work” needed for our salvation, we cannot perform any of our own to attain salvation. Notice why man is completely helpless to attain salvation by his own merits:
· No “righteousness” of our own — Rom. 3:10-12; Isa. 64:6.
· No “strength” of our own — Rom. 5:6; Eph. 2:1.
· No “good” of our own — Rom. 3:12; Psa. 14:1-3; Jer. 13:23.
· No “boasting” from us in salvation — Eph. 2:9; Rom. 3:27a.
· No “works” from us in salvation — Eph. 2:9; Titus 3:5; Rom. 4:5.
· Salvation is a “gift” — Eph. 2:8-9.
· Righteousness is a “gift” — Rom. 5:17.
· Eternal Life is a “gift” — Rom. 6:23b.
- The Lamb (divinitytreasures.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ, to me (ssimplyme.wordpress.com)
- “As Jesus was praying alone the disciples were with him” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Saving Faith (menofmud.org)